Re: Moving right along ... Switching Type

Yangguang,

> > Let me see if I understand your proposal. Consider the following
> > example:
> >
> >    R1---OXC1---OXC2----R2
> >
> > where the TE interface on R1 is a collection of GigE ports, and the TE
> > interface on R2 is a collection of OC-48 ports. Are you saying that
> > establishing an LSP between R1 to R2 makes sense ?
> >

> If you have adaptation function in either OXCs, it then makes sense. And
> sure, you can also treat the R1-R2 connection as two LSPs separated by the
> adaptation function.

Please note that R1 (a router) uses Ethernet encapsulation when sending
data on the GigE port. Please also note that R2 (also a router) expects
to have HDLC encapsulation when receiving data on its OC-48 port.
As Maarten said in his e-mail, " 1GE port on R1 and OC-48 port on
R2 "don't speak the same language".

So, with this in mind perhaps you could elaborate on what sense does
it make to have an LSP between R1 and R2.

Yakov.