Re: RSVP Restart (was Re: update GMPLS signaling documents)

Hi Yakov,

Yakov Rekhter wrote:

>Gopal,
>
>[clipped...]

>>>Help with what ? You asserted that it "is not possible" for
>>>"a node that supports PSC as well as TDM and LSC interfaces..
>>>to advertise different set of parameters in the RESTART_CAP
>>>object for data LSPs as opposed to SONET/WDM LSPs."
>>>
>>>I pointed out to you that your assertion is incorrect, as
>>>there is no requirement for a node to advertise exactly the
>>>same Restart_Cap on all of its interfaces.
>>>
>>I believe your assertion is misleading - If two nodes A and
>>B have multiple TDM/LSC links (with out of band signaling)
>>between them as well as a PSC link, (they are all unnumbered
>>interfaces), there will be only one Hello adjacency between
>>A and B, resulting in just one Restart_cap object advertised
>>in each direction.
>>
>>In that case, how can one advertise different values in the
>>Restart_cap object for TDM/LSC LSPs as opposed to data LSPs?
>>
>>Since there is only one adjacency, the suggestion above to
>>treat the node failure as control channel failure does not
>>work either, as the restarting node might want to get
>>resynchronized for data LSPs.
>>
>>I believe your assertion is possible only if all interfaces
>>are numbered.
>>

>That is incorrect - what I described is possible if only the
>control channel is numbered (note that a control channel, just
>like any other link, could have multiple IP addresses assigned to it).

Good point - but this would result in more configuration work
for the operator.

Anyways, there are other problems as well and it appears that
just being able to advertise a separate set of Restart/recovery
timers for transport network sessions may not be enough, making
this a non-issue.  Please see my other email on transport
networks and RSVP.

Thanks,

Gopal