Re: RSVP Restart (was Re: update GMPLS signaling documents)

Gopal,

[clipped...]

> >>But to set up LSPs over TDM/LSC interfaces, the PSC interface
> >>is going to be used for signaling - since control and data
> >>planes are decoupled!  So, how will this help?
> >>

> >Help with what ? You asserted that it "is not possible" for
> >"a node that supports PSC as well as TDM and LSC interfaces..
> >to advertise different set of parameters in the RESTART_CAP
> >object for data LSPs as opposed to SONET/WDM LSPs."
> >
> >I pointed out to you that your assertion is incorrect, as
> >there is no requirement for a node to advertise exactly the
> >same Restart_Cap on all of its interfaces.
> >
> I believe your assertion is misleading - If two nodes A and
> B have multiple TDM/LSC links (with out of band signaling)
> between them as well as a PSC link, (they are all unnumbered
> interfaces), there will be only one Hello adjacency between
> A and B, resulting in just one Restart_cap object advertised
> in each direction.
>
> In that case, how can one advertise different values in the
> Restart_cap object for TDM/LSC LSPs as opposed to data LSPs?
>
> Since there is only one adjacency, the suggestion above to
> treat the node failure as control channel failure does not
> work either, as the restarting node might want to get
> resynchronized for data LSPs.
>
> I believe your assertion is possible only if all interfaces
> are numbered.

That is incorrect - what I described is possible if only the
control channel is numbered (note that a control channel, just
like any other link, could have multiple IP addresses assigned to it).

> If so, this is a huge constraint - please
> refer draft-ietf-ipo-carrier-requirements-00, sec 7.4.

In the context of UNI the (multiple) IP addresses assigned
to a control channel could be locally defined. As such
it would meet the requirements of section 7.4 of the draft
you mentioned.

Yakov.