Re: SDH/SONET in GMPLS

Manoj,

It seems time for you to get a copy of G.707 :-). You find all details in there.
You can download 3 recommendations for free from the ITU-T website. See
http://www.itu.int/publications/bookshop/how-to-buy.html#free

Regards,

Maarten

manoj juneja wrote:

> Hi All,
>         As per SONET standard, each STS-1 SPE is divided into 7 VT
> -groups. Each VT group may contain 4 VT1.5, 3 VT-2s, 2 VT-3s or 1 VT-6.
> Furthermore, each VT-group shall contain one size of VT. however, each
> VT-group within STS-1 may be of different VT-size. Does this type of
> statement holds true for SDH also ? I mean to say that STM-1 may
> contain 21 TUG-2s. Is it true that each TUG-2 within STM-1 can be configured
> differently to conatin VC-2/VC-12/VC-11 within it but each TUG-2 contains
> same type of VC-X (X=2, 12, 11).
>
> Is GMPLS supports this or it has some restrictions for these configurations
> ?
>
> Please help.
>
> Regards,
> manoj.

begin:vcard
n:Vissers;Maarten
tel;cell:+31 62 061 3945
tel;fax:+31 35 687 5976
tel;home:+31 35 526 5463
tel;work:+31 35 687 4270
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Optical Network Group;Lucent Technologies Nederland
version:2.1
email;internet:mvissers@lucent.com
title:Consulting Member of Technical Staff
adr;quoted-printable:;;Botterstraat 45=0D=0A=0D=0A;1271 XL Huizen;;;The Netherlands
fn:Maarten Vissers
end:vcard