RE: [T1X1.5] Re: LCAS and draft-mannie-ccamp-gmpls-lbm-tdm-00.txt

Dimitri:

Please confirm my understanding of your proposal:

1.  Your proposal supports hitless link capacity adjustment. (Capacity
changes that occurs during transmission of a packet will not corrupt that
packet.)  You believe that the packet loss rate and robustness of LMB is
similar to LCAS ?

2.  LMB requires hardware coordination between the SONET payload mapper and
the SONET POH processor (C2 octet insertion/extraction logic) ?

3.  The hardware based synchronization performance requirements are similar
to those required by LCAS.  Except that LCAS coordinates the critical
transitions using H4 instead of C2 ?  And that Virtual Concatenation systems
require to coordinate their payload mappers with bits 1-4 of the H4 byte to
determine the sequence number anyway ?

4.  LBM is an extension to GMPLS.  GMPLS is required for LBM, whereas LCAS
could potentially be used with GMPLS or with other control plane or
management plane mechanisms ?

Thanks,

Steve