RE: LCAS and draft-mannie-ccamp-gmpls-lbm-tdm-00.txt

Hello Maarten

> LCAS is added to the networks to resize the pipe over which e.g. Ethernet
packets flow in a hitless manner. The A and Z endpoints need therefore to be
synchronised at frame level. There is no alternative in the control plane
which
can support this.

We know that perfectly and we never said the opposite. It is not because we
speak about GMPLS that there is no transport plane anymore.

GMPLS-LBM discusses two issues both the control plane issues and the
necessary relationship with the transport plane (i.e. how to achieve the
synchronization in a similat manner as LCAS using transport plane features).

To be clear, GMPLS-LBM proposed also a solution for the frame
synchronization.