RE: Suppression of Downstream Alarms...

Absolutely right Malcolm....and that's also why you will see the function
FDI (Forward Defect Indicator) proposed for MPLS OAM also in the user-plane.
This basic and important principle (ie suppression of downstream and client
layer alarms) is well understood by operators and most manufacturers.

I am glad to see that (in Jonathan's response to Carmine's mail) this
principle is recognised and agreed with.

regards, Neil