Re: Suppression of Downstream Alarms... and more

Hi folks,

In order to re-inforce the message sent by Germano
concerning our full support to LMP, i would like to
point out here that we have submitted together with
Jonathan an I-D dealing with Sonet/SDH extensions
for LMP.

This I-D can be found at (IETF website of course ;-)
http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ansorge-ccamp-lmp-sonet-sdh-00.txt

Any feedback is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
- dimitri.

Germano Gasparini wrote:

> Hello everybody
>
> I realized after sending the message that I expressed myself in a
> potentially misleading way.
>
> Just to explain the meaning of my posting:
> - When I said I am "new in the exploder" I was simply meaning that
> that was the first time I was sending directly a message to the mailing list.
> Actually, I'm not new in the standardization activity (mainly ITU)
> and I cooperate to some IETF drafts as well.
>
> - The position I expressed was not meaning that I am against LMP
> nor LMP-WDM, nor it shall be absolutely interpreted in that sense.
> I was simply noticing that in transport networks there could be a
> redundancy if alarm suppression indications are transferred both
> on signalling and transport plane. However, it is also clear to me
> (it was not in my posting) this redundancy does not cause any harm.
>
> - Additionaly, also in transport network (real networks) there could be
> situations when the alarm suppression indication is not embedded
> (G.709 pre-OTN without non-associated overhead is a typical example).
> In this case, alarm suppression in the signalling control plane would bring
> a significant added value.
>
> Hope this will help clarifying the picture.
>
> Best regards
> Germano Gasparini
>
> --
> Germano Gasparini - A-Optics Network Management Systems
> Phone: 2-210.(3)4910    Fax: 2-210.(3)4185
> Please reply at: mailto:germano.gasparini@alcatel.it
begin:vcard
n:Dimitri;Papadimitriou Dimitri
tel;home:+32 2 3434361
tel;work:+32 3 2408491
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.alcatel.com
org:Alcatel Bell;IPO NA (NSG) - Antwerpen
version:2.1
email;internet:dimitri.papadimitriou@alcatel.be
title:Optical Networking R&S - Senior Engineer
adr;quoted-printable:;;Francis Wellesplein, 1=0D=0AB-2018 Antwerpen;;;;BELGIUM
fn:Papadimitriou Dimitri
end:vcard