Re: Fwd: LSC Interface Doubt ...

Manoj,

Are you aware that a PXC can be operated as an ODUk switch or a STM/OC-N switch
in addition to an OCh switch?

The PXC is a name for an optical fabric equipment. As fabrics are typical more
transparent than the connected line/trib ports, those latter determine the
switching type. E.g. a PXC connected to optical line systems including
transponders will not operate at wavelenght level. The transponders have
terminated the wavelenghts. Such combination will switch ODUk and/or STM/OC-N
signals. For the case the line systems do not have transponders, the PXC
operates as true OCh (i.e. wavelength) switch.

Most line systems in the core network today deploy 10G wavelengths, whereas many
service signals are at 2G5 level. Therefore, the transponders in the line system
may include 4:1 TDM multiplex circuits. With future 40G wavelengths, there will
be 16:1 TDM mux circuits (case of 2G5 services) and 4:1 TDM mux circuits (case
of 10G services). Here it is more obvious that the PXC doesn't switch
"wavelenghts".

Therefore LSC for me is limited to true G.709 OCh switching; i.e. when no
transponders are present around the fabric.

Regards,

Maarten

manoj juneja wrote:

> Hi Marteen,
>             I refer to LSC interface as defined in GMPLS architecture
> document (i.e. interface which switch data based on the wavelength on
> which the data is received e.g. PXC or OXC which operate at the level
> of individual wavelength). I don't think it has any thing to do with
> Och (G.709).
>
> Regards,
> manoj.
>
> >From: Maarten Vissers <mvissers@lucent.com>
> >To: manoj juneja <manojkumarjuneja@hotmail.com>
> >CC: ccamp@ops.ietf.org
> >Subject: Re: Fwd: LSC Interface Doubt ...
> >Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2001 11:42:02 +0100
> >
> >Manoj,
> >
> >I assume you refer to G.709 OCh connections when you use the term "LSC
> >LSP". If
> >so, then a bi-directional OCh link connection will use the same OCh
> >tributary
> >slot in both directions; i.e. the same wavelenght is used for go and return
> >direction.
> >
> >Regards,
> >
> >Maarten
> >
> >manoj juneja wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi All,
> > >         If I need to establish a bi-directional LSC LSP then do I
> > > need to configure the remote end wavelengths on an LSC interface ?
> > > Is there any case where both the upstream and downstream labels of an
> > > bi-directional LSC LSP be same ?
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > manoj.

begin:vcard
n:Vissers;Maarten
tel;cell:+31 62 061 3945
tel;fax:+31 35 687 5976
tel;home:+31 35 526 5463
tel;work:+31 35 687 4270
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:Optical Network Group;Lucent Technologies Nederland
version:2.1
email;internet:mvissers@lucent.com
title:Consulting Member of Technical Staff
adr;quoted-printable:;;Botterstraat 45=0D=0A=0D=0A;1271 XL Huizen;;;The Netherlands
fn:Maarten Vissers
end:vcard