Re: Fwd: Comments on GMPLS signalling drafts

Hi all,

> > >5. STM-0 label representation using {SUKLM} should be mentioned in the
> > >drafts (because it is a special case).
> > >

> the sonet draft is the right place for this.  I defer to Eric on this.

I refer Manoj to the latest versions of the Sonet/SDH I-Ds posted
on the CCAMP mailing list on Thursday.

Cheers,
- dimitri.

Lou Berger wrote:

> [...]
> > >

> GMPLS doesn't modify this.  See the appropriate base protocol docs.
>
> >As labels are the resources on the link, one can't allocate different
> > >label to different senders in the same RSVP session.
> > >

> I don't think you fully understand SE.  I suggest you read the base
> documents. (2205 and RSVP-TE)
>

> > >2. Bandwidth modification for TDM, LSC and FSC LSPs. There is a
> > >separate draft for TDM LSP bandwidth modification but what about the
> > >bandwidth modification for other types of LSPs ? There is no mention of
> > >these in any of the GMPLS drafts.
> > >

> GMPLS doesn't modify this.  See the appropriate base protocol docs.
>

> > >3. It should be mentioned clearly that waveband section is still not
> > >complete in the drafts.
> > >
> > >4. For IF_ID_RSVP_HOP object, there are couple of TLVs defined. What
> > >about the Component_If_Id_Downstream/Upstream TLV ? The revised
> > >bundling draft has removed these 2 TLVs. What about the GMPLS signalling
> > >drafts ?
> > >

> It's still in, see the drafts for explanations.
>
> > >5. STM-0 label representation using {SUKLM} should be mentioned in the
> > >drafts (because it is a special case).
> > >

> the sonet draft is the right place for this.  I defer to Eric on this.
>

> > >6. It should be mentioned that bandwidth encoding parameter is useful
> > >for what all type of LSPs i.e. TDM, LSC, FSC, PSC etc.
> > >
> > >7. There is an example scenario for contention resolution in case of bi-
> > >directional LSPs. It should be mentioned that  :
> > >
> > >"contention resolution is an optimization, not a correctness issue ...
> > >and no procedure can provide optimal resolution in all cases. An
> > >implementor
> > >may do differently to provide better resolution."
> > >
> > >The above quotes are extracted from one of the mails from Fong Liaw.
> > >
> > >If this is the case then this should be mentioned in the drafts.
> > >

> Read the Acknowledgments section of the draft.  (I'm sure Fong will be
> happy to see you protecting her interests!)
>

> > >8. The LSP hierarchy concept is still not clear. Some days back I posted
> > >one
> > >doubt related to tunneling of TDM LSP over Lambda LSP using the concept of
> > >forwarding adjacency and different people replied with different thoughts.
> > >Does this mean this concept is not standardized in GMPLS ?
> > >My question was :
> > >
> > >"If there are 4 nodes say A, B, C and D. There is a Lambda FA
> > >established from A to D and if a new TDM LSP request comes to node A
> > >which is to be tunneled through the already established lambda FA-LSP
> > >then the node A sends the Path/label request message directly to node
> > >D. What label the node D will send back to node A in the RESV/label
> > >mapping message since the FA-LSP is just one label (lambda) ? Does it
> > >mean that all the LSPs which are tunneled through the lambda FA-LSP
> > >will be allocated the same label by node D to node A ? If this type of
> > >scenario can't exist in GMPLS then please let me know that too."
>
> I believe this topic is being covered in other threads.

begin:vcard
n:Dimitri;Papadimitriou Dimitri
tel;home:+32 2 3434361
tel;work:+32 3 2408491
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.alcatel.com
org:Alcatel Bell;IPO NA (NSG) - Antwerpen
version:2.1
email;internet:dimitri.papadimitriou@alcatel.be
title:Optical Networking R&S - Senior Engineer
adr;quoted-printable:;;Francis Wellesplein, 1=0D=0AB-2018 Antwerpen;;;;BELGIUM
fn:Papadimitriou Dimitri
end:vcard