Re: Fwd: Comments on GMPLS signalling drafts

Lou

I am happy to see my interest protected, however
I think manoj is asking to insert the "optimization
vs. correctness" text into the draft. Right now,
-07 text says a node with higher node id MUST send
a PathErr etc. this does not allow for different
behavior.

I would suggest to change the text slightly as
following:

"To resolve contention, the node with the higher node
ID will
   win the contention and it MUST issue a
   ^^^ resolve
PathErr/NOTIFICATION message
^^^^^^^PathErr/Path/Notification
   with a "Routing problem/Label allocation failure"
indication.  "
               ^ for the LSP that loses in the
resolution.

We can also specify the default behavior is that
"the LSP requested by a higher node id wins the
resolution."

Regards,
-Fong