Re: Moving right along ... generalized-signaling-06

John,

To be more generic, any technology that does not support associated
overhead (SDH/Sonet) or non-associated overhead (G.709 OCh) can use
the control plane for protection switching purposes.

In addition to the references you have provided i would like to add
the following one:

http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-many-optical-restoration-01.txt

Cheers,
- dimitri.

John Drake wrote:

> Stephen,
>
> You're absolutely right if you want to use K1/K2 to signal the switchover
> from working to protect.  We were planning to use the control plane
> signalling protocols, since we have to deal with more than just SONET/SDH.
> See for example:
>
> http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-li-shared-mesh-restoration-01.t
> xt
>
> http://search.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bala-protection-restoration-sig
> naling-00.txt
>
> Thanks,
>
> John

begin:vcard
n:Dimitri;Papadimitriou Dimitri
tel;home:+32 2 3434361
tel;work:+32 3 2408491
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.alcatel.com
org:Alcatel Bell;IPO NA (NSG) - Antwerpen
version:2.1
email;internet:dimitri.papadimitriou@alcatel.be
title:Optical Networking R&S - Senior Engineer
adr;quoted-printable:;;Francis Wellesplein, 1=0D=0AB-2018 Antwerpen;;;;BELGIUM
fn:Papadimitriou Dimitri
end:vcard