Re: GMPLS signaling documents updated per last calls

Dimitri,

> Maarten,
>
> I will add some hints here to the one already pointed out by Eric.
> See in-line...

[clipped...]

> I would like also to remember here that our target is to achieve an
> efficient and interoperable running code, we don't target state of
> the art transmission system modelling "theory" since in practice state
> of the art models are rarely applicable in the real world.
>
> ... these remarks translates the problem of people working only from
> the "theoretical" viewpoint without any pragmatic view on the reality.

I certainly agree with the above. And since this is not the first
time we are getting into the theory vs practice arguments,
to set up the expectations straight and avoid any
misunderstanding/confusion I would suggest to put the following
disclaimer into the GMPLS document:

  It is an explicit non-goal of the solution described in this
  document to address all possible (as well as impossible)
  requirements. Therefore, the solution described in this document
  is clearly not a perfect solution, and as such doesn't quality
  for being a LTSFGTC (Long Term Solution For Generations To Come).
  Work on the perfect solution (aka LTSFGTC) is in progress, and is
  expected to be published in RFC100000.

Yakov.