RE: Connection Deletion in GMPLS

Hi Manoj

>            Is it mandatory to send admin status as down in PATH message
> prior to connection deletion ? If yes, then the PATH message will

THe -rsvp-07.txt says "SHOULD".

> carry the
> objects like ERO, Generalized Label Request which are not
> necessary at the
> stage of connection deletion. But one need send these as these
> are mandatory
> parameters (at least Gen. Label Request) in the PATH message. I
> think, that
> these parameters are redundant at this stage as the only
> parameter that is
> going to be changed is admin status. What is the use of sending
> the complete
> PATH message at this stage ? This goal can be achieved by just
> having a new
> message which will carry the session object, admin status object (but not
> the parameters like Gen. Label Request, Protection Information, ERO etc.).

The administrative state is to change a connection's state, so its
use is not just for deletion, although that is what's defined now.
The object needs to be processed on every node of the path, so Path
and Resv is a nature choice and is what RSVP do to
change/modify parameters or a connection/reservation.

As I said in my last email, deletion performance
in a normal deletion scenario is not a major concern.
Do you have a real performance target that you can not
achieve because of the extra objects in the Path and Resv?
If so, can you share with us what they are ?
Otherwise, I guess we have to agree on this disagreement.
Or others can speak up :-)

Regards,
-Fong