From: Anca Zamfir [mailto:ancaz@cisco.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 08, 2002 4:48 PM
To: Zafar Ali
Cc: John Drake; 'Juneja, Manoj'; Vinay Vernekar; Manoj Agiwal; 'Ccamp
(E-mail); skatukam@cisco.com; mpls@UU. NET (E-mail)
Subject: RE: Label Set Object

Trying to find the answer to the original question.
If a node wants to use Label Set to make sure the downstream label has the
same value as the upstream one, then, I don't see why it cannot fill in the
Label Set in the same way it fills in the Upstream Label, as described in
draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-sonet-sdh-03.txt, section 3, for the case NVC=n and
MT=m case. (Theoretically a node could apply this algorithm p times)
A node that receives and chooses to interpret LabelSet would know how to
interpret its content by looking at the traffic parameters (in particular
for this example at the NVC and MT values) which would provide a way to
"decode" the ordered set of SUKLM labels present in Label Set.
I may be wrong, but I think in theory it is possible to use Label Set for
this case. As others pointed out, not sure how practical it is.

Anca