RE: LCAS and GMPLS

Hi Adrian,

Just a couple of comments:

If you wanted to use that code point for coordinating VCAT LSPs then you
could, but you would need to have this conversation in the context of
the ITU-T (probably Study Group 15) and not here. A consequence of the
use of the Call_ID object would be that you would:
a) possibly need to implement the ITU-T's UNI before you could exercise
this function

[LYO] This is not necessary, IMHO, the Call_ID is really part of
G.7713.2,
which could be used as UNI or E-NNI.

--------------------------------------

So, there MIGHT [RFC2119] be a requirement to signal in GMPLS that the
egress should enable LCAS. This is relatively easy to perform if we have
to. I would suggest using draft-ietf-mpls-rsvpte-attributes-05.txt.

[LYO] This seems like a useful addition, also information such as the
initial
size of the LCAS group, as this is not immediately obvious unless you
can
guarantee that setup of the group members is always done in correct
sequence.

But as with the previous question, I wonder whether you really want to
use GMPLS signaling to carry LCAS commands, or whether you want to run
LCAS between the end points and have them trigger GMPLS. I suspect that
Neil would say that this is a layering question!

[LYO] I don't think you actually need to use GMPLS to carry LCAS
commands,
since these will already be carried in the overhead.

Cheers,

Lyndon