Re: LCAS and GMPLS

Hi, Adrian

Hi Wataru,

> > > Another requirement to consider is whether the associating the LSPs
> > > needs to be recursive.  For example, consider an STS-3c-2v where one
of
> > > the STS-3c is a real contiguously >
> > > concatenated LSP, and the other is actually an STS-1-3v (three STS-1
> > > LSPs).  From a bearer plane point of view, this is possible.  Does
the
> > > service maintain the two STS-3c LSP > association and the three
STS-1 LSP
> > > association?
> > > I suggest that there be a requirement for recursive association.

> >realize this requirement via GMPLS signaling by including several
> >ASSOCIATION objects of the same type into the same Path message. For
> >instance, one of them will indicate that the signalled LSP belongs to
the
> >nested VCAT group, while another -to the nesting VCAT group.
>
> Current ASSOCIATION objects relates only two connections.

Can you say why you think this is so?
Looking at draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-recovery-e2e-signaling-03.txt I do not
see anything that forces this limitation. In fact, it would be hard to
offer 1:n protection with such a scheme.

In my understanding, the ASSOCIATION ID of ASSOCIATION Object only relates protected LSP and protecting LSPs.
It's OK adoptation of ASSOCIATION Object and ID for 1:n protection.

 Now, consider the LCAS.
 Does the LCAS define or have primary connetion ?
 I think all of conections in LCAS should be equivalent.

Wataru

Wataru Imajuku
@NTT Network Innovation Labs.
TEL +81-46-859-4315