Re: LCAS and GMPLS

If I've correctly understood the ASSOCIATION obj it should work in the same
way as the Call_ID (operator spec) obj.

Wataru if you're familiar with ITU I'll try to make a corrispondence
between the two objects.
The corrispondeces are the following:
Call_ID (RCF 3473)                        ASSOCIATION (
draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-recovery-e2e-signaling)
Source LSR Address <--------------------> IPv4 Association Source
Type 1 = 4 bytes                          Type 1 = 4 bytes
Type 2 = 16 bytes                         Type 2 = 16 bytes
Type 3 = 30 bytes                         na
Type 4 = 6 bytes                          na

Local Identifier   <--------------------> Association ID
8 bytes                                   2 bytes

So a part from the maximum number of associations/Calls that a source can
originate seems to me that the two objects solve well the problem.

IMHO Call_ID is better but I'm not going to stress this point, if the
feeling of the group is to use ASSOCIATION obj for me it is fine.

Regards

Diego

Wataru Imajuku <imajuku.wataru@lab.ntt.co.jp>@ops.ietf.org on 20/06/2005
02.52.41