Re: no more milestones?

On Jul 18, 2005, at 9:00 AM, Dimitri.Papadimitriou@alcatel.be wrote:

hi adrian

I would like to see:
- a refinement of the charter to focus the next work items
- a year's worth of milestones to ensure we stay focused.

On the other hand, we should aim to close down CCAMP and move the work to
other or new working groups.

coupling both sentences does it mean in your view

1) define several short-term milestones for refining topics that have been
already initiated and requires further well scoped attention

2) (brand) new topics should target new working groups - as already
initiated with L1VPN for inst. - or existing working groups

nevertheless, i do not see why this automatically means CCAMP can not
remain the focal point concerning *base* GMPLS signaling and routing
protocols

I agree. There are for instance, ops/management-related items for "base" CCAMP items that need to be worked on. The question for me is why can't we continue to work on these? I thought these things were automatic chartered items, and thus should be ongoing work items.

    --Tom

thanks, - dimitri.