RE: Frameformat in a l2cs gmpls rnvironment.

[snip]

> Can I make a plea NOT to screw-up ethernet by attempting to replicate
MPLS

by definition of "Ethernet", this is an explicit non-goal, also the
document does not intend to replicate RFC 3031

> ...in any case the ethernet data-plane belongs to IEEE.

i don't think the document under discussion states the opposite - all the
contrary section 7.1 states

IEEE "should be consulted on the scenarios and framework proposed in this
document and any solutions developed in the IETF context should be reviewed
by the appropriate IEEE working groups to ensure the solution is not
harmful
to 802.1 networks."