RE: Frameformat in a l2cs gmpls rnvironment.

neil - to be perfectly clear -

during last round of discussion some individuals started speaking using authoritative and impersonal arguments such as "Ethernet belongs to another SDO i.e. the IEEE"

the DT and most people discussing this thread are perfectly aware of this (see section 7.1) and all what it implies; now, such element may be (potentially) interfering in the present discussion but this is simply a fact for which the CCAMP WG (iff a consensus is found) has to cope with; the problem statement document has tried to be as explicit as possible with that respect; this section 7.1 says that IEEE will be consulted and its feedback will be considered iff CCAMP finds enough interest in starting a working item on GMPLS (IP) control plane for Ethernet (based on the proposed scenarios) so as to start working on the requirements (listed in this document) as part of the CCAMP WG effort * but we are not that far yet *

however, this argument can not be used as the cornerstone in the present stage of decision process which is simply whether CCAMP WG wants to work or not on a GMPLS (IP) control plane for Ethernet; so, it is inappropriate to argue from the CCAMP perspective by making use of the potential reaction(s) of the IEEE, in particular, knowing there is no intention to initiate a work item on Ethernet data plane

<neil.2.harrison@bt.com>
Sent by: owner-ccamp@ops.ietf.org
07/22/2005 21:11