Re: Ethernet Control Plane [Was: Re: Frameformat in a l2cs gmpls rnvironment.]

Dimitri,

What I was trying to say here is that for the User how
TE Ethernet connection is established - via control or
management planes is of a little importance. Before
explaining how cool/elegant it could be provisioned
via GMPLS you need to answer IMO the following
questions:

1) What does it mean Traffic Engineered Ethernet
connection in the data plane and what is it good for?
For instance, we perfectly understand what does ATM
connection or TDM connection mean in the data plane
and can provide references to corresponding data plane
standards.

2) How does the label-aware Ethernet forwarder
co-exist with other Ethernet forwarders on the same
switch

3) What information is necessary to provision the
forwarding tables?

And so on.

Cheers,
Igor