________________________________

From: pce-bounces@ietf.org [mailto:pce-bounces@ietf.org] On Behalf Of Fatai Zhang

Hi PCEers

We have a draft (draft-zhang-pce-reqs-for-tdm-00.txt) in the process. This draft describes some requirements for applying Path Computation Element (PCE) in Time-Division Multiplexing (TDM) networks.

I think GMPLS-based TDM networks can be regarded as sub-set of GMPLS networks (for example, GMPLS-based SDH networks), so the requirements described in this draft (PCE for TDM) are sub-set of the requirments for PCE applied in GMPLS networks.

Therefore, It seems that there may be something overlapped with another draft (draft-ietf-pce-gmpls-aps-req-00.txt), but there is no discription on these requirements in draft-ietf-pce-gmpls-aps-req-00.txt.

In addition, I think it is not a good solution to keep PCE requirements for  GMPLS in a few separate documents, so I think it is natural to incorporate the requirements into draft-ietf-pce-gmpls-aps-req-00.txt.

Any comments or suggestions are welcome and helpful.

Thanks

Fatai

Advanced Technology Department
Wireline Networking Business Unit