Re: What to call that direction/redirection/routing thing

Request forwarding implies a predefined forwarding address. i.e., When I
move, I tell the post office my new address.  There is no dynamic
decision making involved by the post office on where to send my mail.
The CDN is different.  Depending on surrogate load etc., multiple
requests for the same object may be forwarded to different surrogates at
different times.
Barron