Re: draft-ietf-grip-isp-00.txt now available

> Security considerations are important.  And I probably hate spam more than
> most, at least sufficiently to actively do something about it.  But we can
> not let patching (as opposed to solving the root) spam problems drive the
> architecture of the internet.

I'm neither suggesting a patch nor a driving architecture so please hear
me in context.  It's simply a (ok, minor) fact that the POP "XTND XMIT"
capability has been around for years -- long before Internet became
mainstream -- so it may just be a matter of leveraging that which has been
available in a few reference implementations for quite a while.  This
obviously isn't a panacea, but hey, every little bit helps.  If anything,
initiating mail sends from an authenticated POP session may help in a spam
case, because it beefs up the audit trail.

---
Larry J. Hughes Jr.    larry@nwnet.net     http://www.nwnet.net/~larry/