Re: draft-ietf-grip-isp-expectations-03.txt

>  If this was only a  suggestion of a good way
>  to do opertional behaviour I would have no problem with it. But to a large
>  extent the paper more or less puts requirments on the IPS

As I see it, since this paper is intended for publication as a BCP,
it is essentially a suggestion of the best way of doing something, as
currently understood.  To quote from RFC 2026:

    [The BCP series] is a vehicle by which the IETF
    community can define and ratify the community's best current thinking
    on a statement of principle or on what is believed to be the best way
    to perform some operations [....]

So ISPs are free to follow this BCP, in whole or in part, as they see
fit.  If there is a good reason why some aspect of it does not make
sense in in particular circumstance, that's OK.