Re: An argument against multiple character sets

At 11:23 00/01/26 -0800, Paul Hoffman / IMC wrote:
> At 02:01 PM 1/26/00 +0900, Martin J. Duerst wrote:
> >I think it's building up. I haven't seen Paul come back asking that
> >we require case distinctions after he was hit by lists of variants
> >that would have to be registered in that case.
>
> Hmmm, you missed my point. I believe that we need to deal with case *and*
> other similar issues, such as combining diacritics (and others). Making
> requirements for case and not for others seems lazy and could lead to a
> protocol that has many holes, but not ones for casing.

I agree that far. But I think we have not only to say that we
have to deal with more than casing, we also have to say
what we think should be done (at least from an user perspective)
in each case.

Regards,   Martin.

#-#-#  Martin J. Du"rst, World Wide Web Consortium
#-#-#  mailto:duerst@w3.org   http://www.w3.org