Re: An argument against multiple character sets

At 21:33 00/01/26 -0500, J. William Semich wrote:
> OK, Patrick, now I see your issues.

> >'$B%H(J' is one position in the Unicode tables.
> >'$Bg(J is a different position in the tables.
>
> In this case, why not continue the current practice of downsizing to
> lowercase characters only? So then,where '=C4' is one position in the
> UNICODE tables and
> '=E4' is a different position in the tables (forming the uppercase and
> lowercase versions of "a-double-dot"), it would make sense to case-fold them.

Sorry, but can we agree to only use ASCII for these characters?
My mailer doesn't handle Latin-1 any more than yours
handles Japanese, I guess. Many thanks in advance,     Martin.

#-#-#  Martin J. Du"rst, World Wide Web Consortium
#-#-#  mailto:duerst@w3.org   http://www.w3.org