Re: [idn] time to move

More procedural flaws with this poll: the Subject line doesn't identify
it as a poll; and the deadline, today, is only three days after the poll
was announced.

Dave Crocker writes:
> For example, think how remarkable it is that you are so clear on the
> sense of the mailing list.  Why bother to take a straw poll?

I didn't say anything about ``the sense of the mailing list.'' I said
``Many of us think that moving at this point would be premature.'' Do
you understand what the word ``many'' means?

> The center piece to the design philosophy is that it requires no
> change to server protocol engines or data base modules; it does not
> matter whether other proposals have that characteristic or not.

Of course it matters. Proposals compete on their merits. The very first
sentence of the IDNA ``design philosophy'' is the incorrect claim that
all previous proposals require changes to DNS servers.

---Dan