Re: [idn] IAB letter on IDNs and VeriSign

> I do not think we should adopt such a defeatist attitude in the face of
> what is generally incompetence and self-interested regulation.

That's what I keep telling myself about the US government.  Though I'm still
not sure what else to do about it.

> On Tue, 28 Jan 2003, Soobok Lee wrote:
>
> > gTLD server will remain under centralized control of ICANN forever.
>
> [OB merits: Not that this means I support VRSN in this case -- but I don't
> think ICANN is either the answer or a necessarily a permanent fixture.]

I'd like to believe the same is true of VRSN, which has historically been much
more abusive and far less subject to any useful kind of scrutiny than ICANN.