Re: [idn] IAB letter on IDNs and VeriSign

Michael,

"Defeatist" implies a battle about the DNS administrative model.

If you can point to a credible technical proposal for a DNS
administrative model that does not hinge on a centralized, core
authority over the namespace, please feel free to produce it. After this
many years of debate, it is noteworthy that none has been forthcoming.

d/

ps.  "credible" means that the specification is thorough, has been
subject to extensive technical review, and has garnered significant
support within the Internet technical and administration communities.

Tuesday, January 28, 2003, 6:29:03 AM, you wrote:
MFUMSoL> I do not think we should adopt such a defeatist attitude in the face of
MFUMSoL> what is generally incompetence and self-interested regulation.

MFUMSoL> On Tue, 28 Jan 2003, Soobok Lee wrote:
>> gTLD server will remain under centralized control of ICANN forever.

d/
--
 Dave <mailto:dhc@dcrocker.net>
 t +1.408.246.8253; f +1.408.850.1850