Re: [idn] Everything done yet?

"Georg Ochsner" <georg@ochsner.com> writes:

> is it certain now that IDNs will be implementet around the world according
> to the new RFCs?

Yes.

> Can all IDNs (com/net/org) registered so far be migrated to
> xn-punycode?

I think so. The IDNs in .nu are already migrated, and the Verisign
pages indicate that Verisign is migrating the testbed registrations in
the near future.

> What else will have to be done next?

Browsers need to support it, and the resolver libraries that
potentially have the notion of Unicode. I believe the Mozilla CVS
supports it, and Mozilla 1.3 with certain configuration settings.

> When will the German registry denic implement IDNs?

I just asked last week, and they said they will form a working group,
and start a testbed within two-three month :-(

Regards,
Martin