Re: [idn] New dates and location for IDNConnect

At 10:43 AM -0700 8/29/03, Bill Manning wrote:
% Greetings again. We have rescheduled IDNConnect and made it much
% easier for all IDN developers to attend. Instead of a face-to-face
% event, IDNConnect will be online, running for five days near the end
% of September. Please see <http://idnconnect.jdna.jp/> for more
% information on the event and registration.

For what it is worth,  a couple of TLDs are testing full IDN
capability by using the testbed @  www.rs.net  for punycoded
TLD lables.  If there are others that anticipate participation
in the IDNConnect effort that wish to have a fully IDN/punycode
FQDN for DNS, you may want to consider participating in that
testbed as well.

Thanks, that's great to know. We are indeed planning on putting IDNs in all layer of the DNS hierarchy as one of the tests at IDNConnect. The test plan is that the participants will use the IDNConnect name server as the authoritative resolver for the tests. How can folks test this capability at www.rs.net?

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium