Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ops-mib-review-guidelines-00.txt

At 2/6/2003:10:37 AM, Wijnen, Bert (Bert) wrote:

Hi,

>Let me first say a THANK YOU to Mike Heard.
>
>The MIB doctor/reviewers team is working on a document
>that guides us in reviwing MIB related documents.

Yeah...thanks to Mike and everyone else putting this
document together...it will be an excellent resource
for many of us.

I would like to see some explicit guidance concerning
"forward references" in MIB documents, with specific
citation of pertinent SMI requirements.  I suspect
that perhaps this topic *could* be addressed in Sec.
4.4 of the present document...perhaps by breaking it
into a discussion of external symbols and internal
symbols.  Or perhaps the editor/contributors will
find a better place for it.  But the topic should
be covered authoritatively in this document, IMHO.

Thanks,

BobN