RE: Clarification on RowStatus and Agent Capabilities

> Oddly enough, I asked a question a while back (I think it was even on
> this list though I'd have to go look for it in my archives) about what
> the current best-practice was with respect to RowStatus and
> createAndWait/createAndGo and was told at the time that making
> createAndWait optional was an ok thing to do.  I'll see if I can dig
> up the previous discussion.  Maybe it was on the sming list.

I possibly made that statement. I think it is OK if the whole
list of varBinds required to do a successfull createAndGo fits in
one SNMP packet. If such a packet stays under 484 octets, then no
problem. If it gets larger than that... I do not think we have
consensus that it would then be OK to mandate createAndGo.

Bert