Re: SNMP improvements

On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 03:18:25AM -0700, chintan sheth wrote:

> Can we setup an SNMP WG independent of IETF to carry
> out innonvations in the field of SNMP to take stuff
> like SMIv3, SMIng further.

Sure, you just have to get a people together who are willing to do the
actual work (writing docs, reviewing docs, implementing running code) and
you are done.

But since such an activity is not going to be an IETF activity, one
should not use this IETF list to discuss such ideas further.

/js

--
Juergen Schoenwaelder		    International University Bremen
<http://www.eecs.iu-bremen.de/>	    P.O. Box 750 561, 28725 Bremen, Germany