Re: RFC3637 ETHER-WIS MIB module name

Hi!

>> Is it a bug or a feature that the ETHER-WIS MIB (RFC 3637) is named
>> ETHER-WIS and not ETHER-WIS-MIB? [...]

C> [...]
C> As for the history, ETHER-WIS was the module name that Mike Ayers
C> chose in an early WG draft, and I left it as-is when I took over the
C> editing duties.  The recommendations on module names in the MIB
C> review guidelines came somewhat later.  I never changed the name
C> because no one asked me to and because it did not seem to me to be
C> a very important issue.

Ok, thanks for the clarification. I was just wondering, because it is
a newly published MIB module (not an update), and amoung the >180
published IETF MIB modules, there are just three "*-TC" MIBs, four
very old SMIv1 MIBs, and the HOST-RESOURCES-TYPES module, which is
also not a "typical" MIB, as the only exceptions. Anyway, I'm too
late, so I'll have to shut up now. :-)

 -frank