Re: Unicode is so flawed that 7 or 8 bit encoding is not an issue

> > Few will disagree (including me) that using Unicode to do localization
is
> > almost impossible without locale context.
>
> Huh? No one said such a thing.
>
> What is agreed is that, to use unicode, it must be supplied out of
> band local context.

In that case, I disagree with "to use unicode, it must be supplied out of
band local context".

You only need out of band local context to use Unicode if you are doing
localization.

> So, could you explain how the context is supplied with current IDN spec?

Internationalization as defined in POSIX, means making software location
neutral. Making a program specific to any particular language or culture or
codeset is known as localization.

I in IDN is Internationalization.

> > I am not aware there was a IETF wide last call on IDN yet.
>
> To deny IDN, IESG can simply say "IDN is disbanded". There is no last
> call necessaruy.

Ah of course IESG can. But sorry, you dont represent IESG.

> > > I have found a theory to deny PKI and to explain why public key
> > > cryptograpy is not so polular dispite the efforts of ISO, which will
> > > destory entire business of a company or companies owing several
> > > important TLDs.
> >
> > Very interesting. Could you share the theory, or privately if you
prefer?

> I will post it later if I have time.

Please do. Thanks.

-James Seng