Re: Unicode is so flawed that 7 or 8 bit encoding is not an issue

[Note: IDN WG list removed]

> As you could have seen, on IETF mailing list, Harald and I have, at
> least, agreed that, if you use unicode based encoding, local context
> (or locale) must be carried out of band

Few will disagree (including me) that using Unicode to do localization is
almost impossible without locale context.

But I am touching on a sensitive topic about what you considered as I18N &
L10N and what the rest of the world thinks.

> But, anyway, the discussion so far in IETF list is enough to deny IDN.

I am not aware there was a IETF wide last call on IDN yet.

> I have found a theory to deny PKI and to explain why public key
> cryptograpy is not so polular dispite the efforts of ISO, which will
> destory entire business of a company or companies owing several
> important TLDs.

Very interesting. Could you share the theory, or privately if you prefer?

ps: btw, what effort of ISO are you referring?

> So, don't bother to say that there are so many so-called-international-
> but-actuallly-local domain names registered.

Huh? Since when this was ever a factor in IETF consideration?

-James Seng