RE: [802.1] MSTP MIB - mstpMapTable

Juergen,

I agree with your argumentation, I know that fitting notifications in
one PDU is not the only problem, and I know that enforcing the 484 limit
is not enough, and does not provide a non-fragmentation warranty. There
is however one basic issue, the fact that a >484 bytes OCTET string
object is an obvious case where no single set or get operation will
succeed in any situation, and this happens for classes of SNMP entities
defined as fully standard compatible by RFC 3417. No tools are needed to
see this contradiction, and my question is whether we want to mention
this case in the review guidelines, as we do for example with the OID
size limitations in Section 4.6.6.

Thanks and Regards,

Dan