RE: Updated xml2rfc

Hi,

No, the current document does not have Bert's proposed style.

The include directive is an xml2rfc directive. The DTD requires child
<reference> clauses within the <references> clause, so substituting
Bert's style leads to an invalid XML file. If you use an
XML-validating editor, such as XMLSpy, the file will fail the
validation. Since we don't know which editors will be used by MIB
document editors, I think we should only provide a template that is
valid according to the DTD. I apparently need to ask the xml2rfc team
to modify the DTD.

I also haven't had a lot of luck getting xml2rfc to resolve to the
XML-LIB environment variable, but I spent more time resolving and
testing the other requested fixes than worrying about this.

If you want to experiment with this format and find a way to make it
valid, then I'll be happy (really happy) to move to the
simpler-to-read-and-write syntax.

David Harrington
dbharrington@comcast.net