RE: RFC 4181 indeed updates RFC 2578..2580 (fwd)

My opinion is close to Bert's I believe.

When I say and hear that RFCYYYY updates RFCXXXX my interpretation is that I can just use RFCYYYY as this is the latest and greatest version of the specification that I need. This does not seem the case with 4181 vs. 2578..2580.

If we believe that 4181 does anything more than providing guidelines and clarifications, and corrects or replaces something that 2578..2580 says, we should use an Errata right away, and update the later as soon as we can. I wonder if this is the case.

Regards,

Dan
.