RE: RFC 4181 indeed updates RFC 2578..2580 (fwd)

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005, C. M. Heard wrote:
> Should these things be considered as updating the STD 58 RFCs?  Or is
> the situation something like the Host Requirements documents (RFCs
> 1122/1123, STD 3), which specify requirements for hosts that are in
> addition to the basic requirements of the underlying protocols?

The MIB Doctors who have expressed opinions on this matter are pretty
solidly against the idea of having RFC 4181 listed in rfc-index.txt
as updating RFCs 2578/2579/2580.  So I will send a note to the RFC
Editor asking that this change NOT be made.  I have already sent a
note to the RFC Editor asking that an erratum be created for the
typos, as Bert previously suggested.

Mike Heard