Entry conditions for MIB review

HI,

I just finished reviewing a couple of MIB documents. I spent
quite a bit of time on them because they were not really ready
for being reviewed. One was a new interface type, and the other
was operations on Ether-like interfaces.

With the MIB document template that DBH has created, RFC
4181 ("Guidelines for Authors and Reviewers of MIB Documents"),
MIB compilers (smicng and libsmi), and automated tools
to check boilerplate, much of the "mindless" work can
be pushed back to the document authors.

However, I believe it would help to have a few more items
that can be quickly checked to make sure that a document
is ready before a review starts.

The biggest problem that I ran into was that the interface
document did not contain sufficient info so that I could
determine the number of instances in each table, and the
events that caused instances to be added and removed from
the tables.

Regards,
/david t. perkins