OIDs longer than 128 subids for InetAddress indexes

Dan ROmascanu recently commented during MIB doctor review:

   14. The DESCRIPTION clause of tcpEStatsConnectLocalAddress
       and tcpEStatsConnectRemAddress still mentions SNMPv1,
       SNMPv2c and SNMPv3. The first two are Historical,
       SNMPv3 is the recurrent standard track version of SNMP,
       the text should be replaced by simply 'SNMP'.

Dan is correct, but we have (iirc) allowed such text as in this case:

        As this object is used in the index for the
        tcpEStatsConnectIdTable, implementors of this table should
        be careful not to create entries that would result in OIDs
        with more than 128 sub-identifiers; else the information
        cannot be accessed using SNMPv1, SNMPv2c or SNMPv3."

In earlier MIB documents.
I personally can live with that.
Otehr opinions?
Just trying to see if we can get consensus on this so we can
be consistent in our feedback on MIB reviews.

Bert