Security Considerations for writeable objects (was: RE: Pls review documents on IESG Agenda for December 1, 200)5

I am a little surprised by this comment from Mike, and I think that I
would disagree.

We are telling explicitly MIB writers at
http://www.ops.ietf.org/mib-security.html:

-- if you have any read-write and/or read-create objects, please
-- describe their specific sensitivity or vulnerability.
-- RFC 2669 has a very good example.

I am opposed to replace this by another blanket generic text. Different
objects bear different threats in disrupting network operations if
improperly modified, and I believe that it is important for the MIB
documents to specifically and explicitly list those.

Regards,

Dan