RE: RMON document advancement

Inline

Tough to do if there is no good (IETF) consensus on that.
I am pretty sure I would get a lot of pushback.
If I do it silently, then it works, if we want to make it
a policy statement... I suspect lots of pushback if we do
not have a good document explaining why we do it. And once
we have the document, I'd try to get IETF
consensus/agreement/no-objection.

> However, before that is done, it would
> probably be a good idea to make a haeds up announcement on the
> ietf-mibs mailing list and the relevant WG mailing lists.

And the best way to do that is to point to a document (does not need
to be more than a couple of pages I guess) which explains the rationale.

> Having said that, I still would like to see a draft announcing that
> policy ... if for no other reason than that it might have the effect
> of prodding newtrk into doing something.

That too. But that would be a side-effect I would think.

Bert