Re: RMON document advancement

On Thu, 22 Dec 2005, Andy Bierman wrote:
> Do we really need a draft to declare that we're just not going
> to try to advance any MIBs past Proposed anymore?

It would probably be sufficient if the OPS AD for NM put a policy
statement on the OPS web site stating that WGs would no longer be
required to do that.  However, before that is done, it would
probably be a good idea to make a haeds up announcement on the
ietf-mibs mailing list and the relevant WG mailing lists.

Having said that, I still would like to see a draft announcing that
policy ... if for no other reason than that it might have the effect
of prodding newtrk into doing something.

//cmh