Re: initial issues

At 7:04 AM +0859 2/14/01, Masataka Ohta wrote:
> > Given that v6 has hooks for magical (re-)numbering,...
>
>An irony is that outside the inner circle of v6, no one believes
>in the magic.

No one inside "the inner circle" believes we have renumbering magic either.
It's one of those hardy myths.

We have mechanisms that we think will make *some* aspects of renumbering
*easier* than in IPv4.  That's not at all the same as saying renumbering
will always be easy, trivial, or magical with IPv6, and so let's not
operate under that delusion here, OK?

Steve