GSE Analysis

At 17:34 13/02/01, Vijay Gill wrote:
>On Tue, 13 Feb 2001, Ben Black wrote:
>
>> As an aside, I personally think a GSE-like approach is more realistic
>> given the views on multihoming I've seen expressed on various lists and
>> at the multi6 BoF.  Why all forms of GSE were rejected in favor of the
>> obviously untenable, unsolved current state is simply beyond me.
>
>Ben, this might prove to be of interest re: GSE
>
>http://www.join.uni-muenster.de/JOIN/ipv6/drafts/draft-ietf-ipngwg-esd-analysis-05.txt

Vijay,

        Not really.  Major sections of that draft are fatally
flawed.  Should that draft ever go towards publications, separate
teams of folks are prepared to publish rebuttals regarding at
least the Routing and Security sections.  The security section
is particularly filled with inaccurate claims from my own
perspective...

	The GSE Analysis document is, however, quite constructive,
in outlining areas where the original GSE documents need more
work to clarify the issues/questions identified in the Analysis
document.

Ran